Tide Eyed Eris

This is a poetry blog, plain and simple. I will publish poems here that I have written, and those of others if I think they are good. If you have poems please email me through my profile. If you do, also leave a comment that let's me know that you have. I will post at least once every weekend, and perhaps at other times if the mood strikes.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Watermelons

Here's a silly poem. It probably has as many rhymes with earth as possible, but you never know.

Melon

Sleeping giant, belly round, in grass-vined earth,
Grown is the seed melon, watery in its birth,
Raised from farmer’s hand, planted in rows and girth,
A ton of watermelons, more than a billion’s worth,
Seeded simply for the flavor, else taste buds feel its dearth,
The wonder of the red juice that dances round in mirth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web statistic